Re: need networking help

>  Win2k came with fast ethernet card already inside the tower.  We have no
>  problem linking it up to the same dsl modem thru a 4port hub and the
right
>  rj45 patch cable.

I think what you do is that you link the dsl modem to the hub and then
through the hub to both computer ?

That is not the way it will work.

You need to connect one of those computers (preferable the W2K)
straight to your dsl modem (wich goes to the internet)

then you need a second network card wich will funtion to connect
your W2K computer to your local network (in this case only being
the W98 machine so you do not need the hub)

Then if you install internet connection sharing on your W2K machine
and tell the W2K machine wich network card is the internet and
wich one is the local network it probably will work without any
further problems.

Problems you then will encounter:

1) The W2K machine needs to be turned on when you want to
acces the internet
2) It might be that the normal W2K version does not have internet
sharing. (server version has it) If it does not have it you will need
an aplication like winroute or something (wich will work as internet
connection share util)

Hope i think the right way and this is where your problem is.
If not, sorry for the long post :-)

greetings

Henry