RE: Hard Drive Docking System

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>May,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Sorry
to hear about your experience.  Here is what I do for
backup:
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I have
two "backup" hard drives that are mounted in removable trays. (These are in
addition to the primary hard drive in my computer.)  One of these drives is
always in the fireproof safe, the other is in my computer.  On Monday
mornings I switch them.  On Monday afternoons, after the market closes and
I am ready to take a break, I use the W2K Backup program to do a complete backup
of my hard drive onto whichever "backup" drive happens to be in the
computer.  This takes about 30 seconds to launch and about 30 to 45 minutes
to do the backup.  By doing a complete backup, and using the "overwrite
existing media" option, I start the week off with a fresh backup knowing the
previous week's backup is in the safe.   On Tues. through Sat.
afternoons, I use the W2K backup scheduler option to automatically (at a time I
am usually away from my computer) do an "incremental" backup and append the data
to the file that was created on Monday.  An "incremental" backup is a
backup of only the files that have changed since the most recent, previous
backup.  Appending the data, as compared to "overwriting" the data, leaves
all of the previous backups on the drive.  These daily incremental backups
require no intervention on my part.  The Windows help file can provide more
details on the backup program.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I also
do monthly backups of critical data files to a writeable CDR.  These
backups are also archived in the safe.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Hope
this helps,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Tim
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
  owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
  Behalf Of MayTseshuyan1@xxxxxxxSent: Saturday, August 25, 2001
  7:12 AMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: Hard
  Drive Docking System<FONT
  lang=0 face="Courier New" size=3 FAMILY="FIXED">Tim: August 20,
  monday, at 5:00am lightning struck another apt  on the same floor.
  I lived in a dumper apt. bldg 40 years old, not rehab. Amidst all my
  current challenges, I had a surprised taste of having to run for life with
  son.  A samaritan came to help amidst my panic.
    Will never post: anything that is bad had
  happened,what else? (my genuine regret & apology).
  Please post or email me direct in simple english the steps how to back
  up my hard drive? I do have a small fireproof safe. TYIA