computer graphic card memory

Dell told me  this new computer I am thinking of purchasing has a graphic
card that is 'integrated', meaning unremovable, and also 4mb ram only.   He
suggested I check first to see if it may not be strong enough for my intended
charting software program.

He also mentioned the cache is 256mb , and I read a good charting program
needs to work on 512mb cache.    I am thinking of putting 256x2 mb ram onto
this new computer.       Is Cache & Ram 2 different kinds of memories?  I
thought I know I lot, but now I really think I know nothing...:-(

TYIA for any guidances....

Have a nice weekend, all of you :-)