Re: Query

Lionel,

I definitely received your post(s).  Maybe part of the problem is the
inability for traders to produce profits in the current investment climate.
Here's an example:

Some time ago, I signed up for an "Investment Challenge"...I thought it
might be fun to get involved in one of the many "games" on the internet.  A
number of years ago, I was rather successful "playing" a few of these games
(although I never won, I usually had a respectable showing).

I really haven't had time to even "play the game" and my fake portfolio is
untapped at the original funding of 50k.  Well, get this:  today I received
an email that out of "thousands" of participants, I'm in the top twenty
players.  I've never made a trade.

Wow!  Since I'm sure that the "game" represents the investing public (and
what they are really doing), less than 1% of the public has been able to
make money since I started "playing/not playing" (whenever that was).

As profits dwindle, people tend to not talk about it.  Sticking your head in
the sand is an American tradition.  If it stinks, hurts, or you lose
money...the subject becomes taboo.  I'm sure things will loosen up when the
markets come back.

Meanwhile, being the only poster can be lonely out there.  I know how much
you look forward to commenting on issues as they fly into your 'puter.

Take care,

Steve Karnish, CTA
Cedar Creek Trading
http://www.cedarcreektrading.com