From: <A
href="mailto:neo1@xxxxxxxxx"; title=neo1@xxxxxxxxx>neo
To: <A href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";
title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2000 8:53 AM
Subject: RE: Need Help On If function
>>>NeoThe 'If' function is simply a true/false
function.If, as an example, you wanted to know the volume on up
days:If(C>O,V,0)and you wanted to eliminate the '0' you can simply
rewrite the formula asV*(C>O)This will give you the same result. The
true statement returns a 1.Thereforemultiplication of the true
expression by the desired result will give youthedesired result and
nothing else.Jim<<<JimInteresting way to look
at it but it seems it would result in the sameproblem. If the logical
expression is false then the entire expression wouldreturn a 0 which is the
same problem. I want a simple If Then rather than anIf Then Else so that if
the expression is not true then nothing would beplotted. I think MS needs to
add an If Then expression. This way if theexpression were true then the
formula would be executed. If it were not truethen nothing would happen
rather than have a 0 returned.Thanks, neo