  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
  owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
  Behalf Of Gene RicciSent: Sunday, December 24, 2000 2:11
  PMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Need Help On If
  function
  Neo, why not contact: <A
  href="http://www.equis.com/customer/support/contact.html";>support@xxxxxxxxx  for
  an answer?

  Gene

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: <A
  href="mailto:neo1@xxxxxxxxx"; title=neo1@xxxxxxxxx>neo
  To: <A href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2000 8:53 AM
  Subject: RE: Need Help On If function
  >>>NeoThe 'If' function is simply a true/false
  function.If, as an example, you wanted to know the volume on up
  days:If(C>O,V,0)and you wanted to eliminate the '0' you can simply
  rewrite the formula asV*(C>O)This will give you the same result.
  The true statement returns a 1.Thereforemultiplication of the true
  expression by the desired result will give youthedesired result and
  nothing else.Jim<<<JimInteresting way to look
  at it but it seems it would result in the sameproblem. If the logical
  expression is false then the entire expression wouldreturn a 0 which is
  the same problem. I want a simple If Then rather than anIf Then Else so
  that if the expression is not true then nothing would beplotted. I think
  MS needs to add an If Then expression. This way if theexpression were true
  then the formula would be executed. If it were not truethen nothing would
  happen rather than have a 0 returned.Thanks,
neo