OT anti-virus software

Greetings,
My anti-viral search has led me to pc-cillin:
http://www.antivirus.com/pc-cillin/
 which comes out well in the following comparison with Norton, MacAfee and
others:
http://www.winmag.com/reviews/software/2000/04/0425_ah.htm
They claim it's the only one certified by Microsoft for Windows 2000 which I
use.
Only hesitation is the following comment in the Windows magazine review:
"the background monitor is so aggressive in checking internet connections it
reduced DSL speeds by at least 40%"
Question for the group is 1) does that mean it will slow down my cable modem
speed by a similar amount (which sounds awful for daytrading) 2) wondered if
anyone is using this and what their experience is? 3)does it matter if I put
the virus software in before or after the firewall (I guess Zone Alarm).
Thanks to everyone for your help with this.
Brian