RE: Metastock.

<SPAN
class=294155907-01122000>Thanks Steve.  I know what it can be like after
you become familiar with a product.  I've used Quicken Home & Business
for several years and, although I'm quick to point out its shortcomings because
I think some of them are just oversights, I use it every day and it's very
functional at doing most of what I need.  I'm constantly striving for that
perfect world where all the software does everything perfectly...
8^)
<SPAN
class=294155907-01122000>
<SPAN
class=294155907-01122000>I've made a folder to contain my positions and I'm
moving stocks there as I create them.  Now I just need to determine which
of the myriad of Experts I want to believe!
<SPAN
class=294155907-01122000>
Do
you (or others) have favourites that I could start with, or do you use custom
ones that sell for $5,000 each?  I realize this is probably a Pandora's Box
... like asking a group of traders what the best software
is.
<SPAN
class=294155907-01122000>
<SPAN
class=294155907-01122000>Thanks for the feedback.  I appreciate it.
Funny how it took until after 10 PM tonight for your message to reach me and you
sent it at 10:41 AM ...
<SPAN
class=294155907-01122000>
<SPAN
class=294155907-01122000>Bill
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #008000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
  <FONT
  face=Tahoma>-----Original Message-----From: Steve Brann
  [mailto:steveb@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 10:41
  AMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxCc:
  Bill-Irwin@xxxxxxxxSubject: Metastock.
  Hi Bill
  Welcome to the world of Metastock - to jaded
  old hacks like me its refreshing to read you speaking so well of the
  product.  Having got used to it I tend only to see what is doesn't do yet
  claims to do.  However, enough of that cynicism.
  I do not know of any feature that allows you
  to "flag" a security that you have a position in.  I can only suggest
  that when you take out a position you move that security into a separate list
  or folder (create a long folder and a short folder) and then run your
  "close position" explorations against securities in those folders.  A bit
  long winded but really only a couple of clicks within downloader once you have
  the folders set up.