Re: Limiting system to one trade per day

Owen,

I have thought of a possible kluge work around that
includes a manual step.

Use the MS feature to read data from a specific file
list!

Then, you can create a dummy file that is empty or has
one item of dummy data that is dated last year.

To see if the item has been selected, read that file and
compare the date to be => than some scan date.

If only the old date is there, the test will fail and that would
mean the item has not been yet selected.

Now here comes the manual part: Once selected, you would
have to manually using the Downloader add dummy data with
today's date.

Now a check on the date would fail indicating that the data
has already been selected!

I have not yet tried this out, and do not know if it fits what
you're trying to do (i.e. you may be tying to get remote cell
phone alerts or something while away from the computer).

But if you are just trading a few issues then this method might
work.  You could even set the date to be checked before
you launched the search.

A kludge, but it just might work.  Please let me know if you
attempt to implement it and it works.

Hope this helps! ................... John