Limiting system to one trade per day

I'm trying to write a "system" to investigate the best
response to gap opens, rather than accepting the
received wisdom and my own casual observations.
Problem is, I am using a secondary trigger to open the
trade, rather than just firing on the gap open of the day,
and the "opening gap" conditions remain true for the
entire day.  Thus any repeat of the secondary trigger
sets off another, invalid trade.  Anyone know how I can
limit the system to fire only the first time the trigger clicks
after the gap open?  I can't seem to come up with a
convenient and reliable way to do it.

Many thanks.

Owen Davies