RE: Market Gurus (William Gann)

I've found many companies that charge more to courier something than I know
the courier charges.  For shipments into Canada you'll also get hit with a
brokerage fee, in addition to the GST & PST taxes on the Canadian dollar
value.  I've seen this brokerage fee be CDN$27 to clear an item that's
valued at US$30!  This has got to be one of the biggest rip-offs I've ever
seen because the couriers use a computer to print a customs declaration form
that states what the goods are and their value.  They charge $27 for 3
minutes (if that) of someone's time.  That works out to $540/hour!

Whenever I can I get shippers to send by USPS (postal service) and they fill
out the little green sticker on the box to declare the value and I only pay
the taxes, but not a brokerage fee.  No wonder the couriers can make so much
money and grow so large!

Out of interest, my son complained loudly to UPS and finally got a "one-time
only" refund of this $27.  Their only justification for this fee is to state
that they're competitive with other couriers.  That just means they all are
milking this cash cow!

Bill