Re: Market Gurus

There was a discussion here about 2 years ago. The value of Gann's estate
back in the 1950's was put at a number of different values that ranged
around $55 and $100 k. Prices have gone up around 10 times since then.
Gann's estate in present day $s was not more than $1meg. this is not very
impressive for a great trader. Most of Gann's estate was in the value of his
house.

At her web page and in her book, Constance Brown thinks very highly of
Gann's methods, along with Elliot wave and Fibonacci methods. At her web
page Brown suggests that Gann's methods were based on musical intervals
which are logarithmic. Does anyone have the knowledge and skill to follow up
on the hints at her web site?

Gann deliberately wrote in the obscure style of  some professional mystics
and some academicians who work hard at hiding the fact that they may not
have much to hide. I find it hard enough to learn something new without it
being made difficult.

When I was a child it was said that only 4 people in the world understood
Einstein's theories.  When Einstein was asked about this he laughed and said
that he had personally met at least 600 people who fully understood his
theories. Almost any subject can be made understandable to a lay person if
the speaker will make an effort to do so.
Lionel Issen
lissen@xxxxxxxxx