Daft question - Prime Rate

I've been reading of the relationship between Interest rates (Prime rate)
and say the S&P500.

Sorry for my ignorance, but is the Interest rate available anywhere for
download.  Does it have a symbol?
I am using Reuters Datalink but can't find anything resembling 'interest
rate'.

Steven Achelis - 'Technical Analysis from A to Z' suggests using the Prime
Rate with it's 50wk MA to identify bullish/bearish periods in the S&P 500.

As you can probably tell, I'm fairly new to this.  Any help would be
gratefully received.

Thanks,
Sean