Re: tasc article 09.98 on atr

Here is a revision of my post from 1998.  I hope I have it all right this time.
1.  The author's name has been added to the indicator.
2.  In the indicator lines HiLimit and LoLimit, the High and Low have been replaced
by the Close.
3.  Paras 3 and 4 have been corrected for new entries.

Trading the Trend (TTT) - by Andrew Abraham, TASC 9/1998.

Cut-and-paste the following into the Indicator Builder.

Name: Trading the Trend (Abraham)

Pds:= 21;
Mult:= 3;
TruRan:= Mov(ATR(1),Pds,W) * Mult;
HiLimit:= HHV(C,Pds) - TruRan;
LoLimit:= LLV(C,Pds) + TruRan;
If(C>HiLimit, HiLimit, LoLimit)

1.  After closing the Indicator Builder, click on the Expert Advisor (the guy in the
bowler/derby hat).

2.  Click on New, then the Name tab, type in Trading the Trend.

3.  Click on the Highlights tab, then click on the New button and the Expert
Highlight Editor will appear.  Enter the name Uptrend, select Colour Blue, select
Condition, type in C>FmlVar("Trading the Trend (Abraham)","HiLimit"), click OK.  You
can use the Functions button, find the indicator, and double-click on the HiLimit
line  to enter the FmlVar correctly into the Condition.

4.  Still on the Highlights tab, again click on the New button and in the Expert
Highlight Editor type in the name Downtrend, select Color Red, select Condition, type

in C<=FmlVar("Trading the Trend (Abraham)","HiLimit"), click OK, click OK again.

5.  If you have a chart open that you want to use this on, click Attach, otherwise
click Close.  In the latter case, when you open a chart and plot the trendline, click
on the Expert Advisor, select Trading the Trend, and click on Attach.

Harvey Pearce, 27 Dec. 1999.

Attachment Converted: "f:\eudora\attach\Trading ....gif"