Re: tasc article 09.98 on atr

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999 14:43:49 -0800, Harvey Pearce wrote:

> There was a problem with this code and I posted a revision, but no
> longer have the original.

Harvey, this is what I found on this thread.

This is just from my systems library taken from the SIG.
Unfortunately, I did not delve into this particular system, so I have
nothing to add.

Again, all "caveat" apply to the archive below.

-= Chris ß =-
Using MetaStock/FastTrack/FastRUBE/FastTools/EZPnF/TC2000/PSM
TTT-TREND TRAILING Indicator - Andrew Abraham {from TASC 9/1998 -
TRADING THE TRENDS}

Could have been called:
-STOP LOSS Indicator
-SUPPORT & RESISTANCE Indicator
-DYNAMIC SUPPORT & RESISTANCE Indicator
-BUY/SELL TRIGGER Indicator
-INVESTORS DREAM Indicator
-TRADING Indicator

fml("VOLAInd"):   Mov(ATR(21),1,W)*3;

If(C>Ref(C,-21) AND C>fml("VOLAInd"),
HHV(H,21)-Ref(fml("VOLAInd"),-1), Ref(fml("VOLAInd"),-1)+LLV(L,21))

.or.

VOLAInd :=Mov(ATR(21),1,W)*3;
If(C>Ref(C,-21) AND C>VOLAInd, HHV(H,21)-Ref(VOLAInd,-1),
Ref(VOLAInd,-1)+LLV(L,21))

{CHANGE BAR COLORS: double click on the price plot in the chart, from
the Color/Style page
click the UP drop-list and choose darkblue for upwards, and red for
downward price changes}