OT

To those that wrote

Yes ... OT 2000 does contain VBA. The VBA folder is on the CD but does not
install during the regular installation. The folder contains a complete
working VBA6 program plus all of the MSOffice help files, etc. Plus lots of
other VBA files.

When installed, VBA6 files install to Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared Files etc.

OT support knows nothing about this and wondered why I would want to program
in VBA "since OT was a perfectly good program". <G>

The excited cries of "look at Yahoo go" in the background was a pretty easy
clue as to what kind of mental state I was dealing with in the support
department.

When I asked them why they included VBA on the CD they said they did all of
their programming in VBA?? (I spoke to several people in support) ... but
that was just for them and not for users. Go figure.

The system tester files are all accessible for modification through the
OT.ini files or through the modifications available in View --> System
Tester. Set up as many duplications of the system with variations that you
like, turn off the optimizer, delete all of the other system tests. I use
multiple copies of OT to test favourite systems.

The output is exportable directly to Excel. It's just click and export. No
messing around.

One new piece of news is that they are working on user programmed system
tests, just like Metastock. The sticking point as always is the format of
the user interface.

Hope this answers your questions.

Best regards

Walter