magazines

Hi Cab and others who wrote.

As you mentioned, most of the VB magazines (i.e., Getting Started With
Visual Basic, etc.) are not really that helpful. They are more suitable for
general programming in the retail versions of VB5 or VB6.

Futures Mag is the only consistent source of XL workbooks and VBA code
examples. Stridsman and Simons, two contributing writers are very
approachable once they know that you are serious. TASC never publishes VBA
code or makes XL workbooks available.

Aside from Mark Brown's VB program and two other traders who program in VB,
most of the workbooks that I see are large multi-module XL workbooks coded
in a combination of in-cell code and VBA. Even the VB programmers that I
know, run data over to XL to take advantage of XL's number crunching
capability. So it all ends up there anyway.

The nice thing about the VBEditor in XL is that all of the different
functions in your workbook, i.e., report generator, statistics, indicators,
money management, etc. can be kept in separate modules. So gradually, I'm
building up a collection of sorted "modules", i.e., all the different report
generator modules I've received are kept separate for easy access and easy
code comparison.

There are more and more traders coming out of the woodwork, so it promises
to be an interesting year. Starting posting and maybe some of the traders
will start sending you workbooks privately for evaluation. There's no other
way that I know of to get access to this material.

Hope that I answered your question.

Best regards

Walter