Re: Reuters (ex: Printing Charts with version 6.52)

Joe,

Do you have the Reuters Downloader v.7.0 upgrade ?  IMO they are now
giving first-class service.  Fast downloads; no more code 800; automatic
corrections of data going back several days for most of the stocks; even
(I think) automatic symbol changes; updates to the symbol list at the
click of a mouse.  Monitor some of the other lists and see what they say
about DialData and Telescan.

HHP

Joseph Ehardt wrote:

>  Heidi, I have always had problems with Metastock (my versions have
> been 6.5 and 6.52). It isn't a resource problem in the strictest
> sense, since my system is a Dell 400 MHz  Pentium II with Windows 98,
> 128 MB RAM and a 8 GB hard drive that is 75-80% free. On the other
> hand, it only happens if I try to work well ahead of the printer,
> skipping along and telling the system to print charts in advance.
> After a bit, the blanking of chart areas begins on all subsequent
> charts. If I do not queue charts, then no problem. Only Metastock
> messes up. For a variety of reasons, Metastock 6.52 is my last version
> of this program. There are no MS upgrades in my trading future. And
> Reuters has about the worst customer support that I have ever seen in
> a company. It will lose me as a customer within the next 3-6 months
> unless they suddenly effect a turnaround in performance and price
> competitiveness. Anyway, I can only add that you are not the only one
> having printing problems with Metastock. BTW, I am running a HP
> DeskJet 870cse in spooling mode. Joe

[ SNIP ]