Re: Win98 with 2 monitors (slightly off topic)

I don't know what your present VGA card is or if you even have an AGP slot.  If you have AGP, get the Matrox G400.  They have 2 versions of the G400, regular and Max.  Make sure you get a card with Dual-Head technology.  The Max comes with this.  The G400 Max is the fastest card Matrox makes and the retail box version costs about $240. The Dual-Head technology is unique to Matrox; No one else offers it.  With Dual-Head, you get 2 SVGA 15-pin connectors built in the card and can connect 8 different combinations.  This includes CRT-CRT, CRT-LCD, CRT-TV, etc...  Yes, you can connect your TV and use it as a separate monitor (preferably something high quality such as a Sony 27").  Even though you have 2 different devices connected, you can specify not only what is displayed on each, you can adjust the refresh rate on each to your liking. I think this is the simplest way to connect 2 monitors to a computer.  With the new GPU-based video cards coming out now, Matrox's G400 Max is no longer the fastest card on the market.  Nevertheless, it is still equal in speed to the TNT2 Ultra (previous generation of cards).  Matrox always makes high quality cards.  Their drivers are excellent and the G400 is the ONLY card on the market with this Dual-Head feature.  Unless you play games, this is the ONLY card to get. G400 Home: http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/mill_g400/home.htm Main page discussing Dual-Head: http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/mill_g400/applications/dh_main.htm Page discussing DualHead Multi-Display: http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/mill_g400/applications/dh_multi.htm Matrox announced months ago they would be releasing G200-based 4 & 8 multi-monitor cards.  They should be coming out with this card soon.  Because it is based on the G200, I expect this card to be the fastest, have the highest quality picture, and best drivers, available for a true multi-monitor card.  If you plan use 4 or 8 monitors, wait for Matrox's G200-based multi-monitor cards. Daniel.     "wsb3000@xxxxx" wrote:  Hi sorry for this question buy i am thinking of adding 2nd monitor to my win98 sys with real-time quotes via satellite. Should my VGA cards to be the same (brand, ram, etc...) anything to learn from you past experience will be appreciated wsb