RE: OT-Hard disk Help Needed

  • To: <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT-Hard disk Help Needed
  • From: "John Townsend" <jft@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 04:44:35 -0800

Ed,
You do not mention what operating system you are using.  DOS (a 16 bit
operating system) cannot address as large a hard disk as the 32 bit
operating systems (NT, W98 or later versions of Win95).  If this is the
problem, your choices to fully utilise the disk are to use DOS and define
multiple volumes (as you were doing originally with C: & E:) or to install
one of the 32 bit operating systems mentioned above.  Check out the maximum
size per volume that your operating system can accommodate.
HTH,
Cheers,
John