Re: Version 7 upgrade

Glen and all v7 upgraders,

    v7 hung on me during the first install attempt. Going through the
install a second time cleared up whatever problem occurred. After the
2nd install I did have to repoint v7 to my RT files and
subdirectories. The v7 install also completely trashed all "Signal"
shortcuts in the "Startup|Program Files|Market Work|Signal" in the
startup menu. My Equis shortcuts were in "Startup|Program Files|Market
Work|Equis International".

    I run Signal 4.1 beside MSRT on a dual monitor setup. DBC
headlines have been cutting out on me the last few weeks. Headlines
stopped working over the weekend and in the process of working with
DBC to get them back (which ended up being uninstall and reinstall
many times) somehow MSRT files and connections to the data manager
were corrupted and MSRT was unable to load. I reinstalled MSRT this
afternoon and again my Signal shortcuts were wiped out.

    A word of warning about Signal 5.0, if you run Signal (broadcast)
4.1 beside MSRT, you may want to wait before upgrading to 5.0 even
though it is out and available on the DBC website.  As a suggestion to
get headlines working again, DBC advised upgrading to Signal 5.0.
This caused me hours of headaches yesterday and today, before I went
back to 4.1. If you do upgrade from 4.1 to 5.0, be sure and BACKUP (in
a separate subdirectory that Signal Uninstall will NOT delete) all
your custom quote, layout, client, portfolio, ticker, and other
windows because moving to 5.0 changed the format of all my 4.1 custom
windows and there is NO way back to the old format (from what I've
seen) once you've switched to 5.0.

Frank