Re: Version 7 upgrade

Well, I am up and running 7.0 finally.  I never did get it to convert my 6.52 files
in one easy step.  After the problems I had on my main machine I decided to install
7.0 on my secondary box which had a freshly formatted hard drive.  I experienced the
same problems as on my main box.  However I was able to get it to accept small
imports with some persuasion and patience.  The conversion process still had some
unwelcome effects on many of my indicators, however it is more of a temporary
annoyance than anything else.  The problem proved to be a bit intermittent, but
mostly was a constant (pain).   This may be a reach, but  a somewhat common
occurrence with both import/conversion and export problems was when a floppy (which
I ended up using to transfer from one machine to another) contained indicators that
referenced other indicators on that same floppy.  (Am I grasping for straws.) Equis
took it upon themselves to contact me about this whole conversion thing Friday,
seeking my Metastock files, so I know they are anxious to find out where the problem
lies.  I had sent them a heads up e-mail and some details after seeing Glen's post,
since I had just experienced the same trouble.   Today sent them a small
ms65form.dta file with some of the indicators that always seem to be in very close
proximity to trouble<g>, so hopefully they can duplicate this.  With that same file
I was able to duplicate the problems again on my secondary machine after first
uninstalling 7.0, reinstalling 6.52, and upgrading to 7.0 once again.

Regards,
Ken