Re: ATHM

<x-html><html>
Another data point for you, Jim:&nbsp; I've had @home cable modem service
from Rogers Cable in Canada for the past month and a half.&nbsp; The
service has gone down on average 1.5 times per week for an average of 10
minutes at a time.&nbsp; Today, it was down for about 1/2 hour during
trading hours.&nbsp;&nbsp; I had one short position in MO open at the
time, fortunately, it kept going down until the service came back
up.&nbsp; When I called @HOME tech support, they had a canned message
saying they know they have problems with the server for my area but don't
know when it will be fixed.&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
When the service is up, it is great, but reliability needs a bit more
work.&nbsp; If I had a choice between DSL and Cable modem in my area, I
think I would go for DSL.<br>
-uf<br>
At 09:09 PM 10/20/99 -0700, you wrote:<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I think today gave me a good clue to the question of is the correction over or are we starting on a bear market.&nbsp; Both the NASD and the NDX made a strong bounce off the bottom of their Intermediate Term Up Trend Channels.&nbsp; Also while all the other indices I watch remain in Short Term Down Trend Channels they all also made strong up moves.&nbsp; It would be premature to say that we had a market correction and it s over before the other indices break out of their down trends, but I m going to nibble based on today s strong hint.&nbsp; Since the NASD and OEX are the ones in up trends, I limited my candidates to the Internet and high tech stocks.&nbsp; &lt;?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = &quot;urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office&quot; /&gt;<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I finally narrowed my choice down to At Home Corp (ATHM).&nbsp; The story here is that I just switched to a cable modem from ATHM and Jones Cable TV and I m greatly impressed with their service.&nbsp; I download at 100 times the speed of my old 56k modem and upload at twice the speed.&nbsp; That got me curious and when I looked into ATHM in more detail, I found that they are adding customers at an astonishing rate.&nbsp; Based on my own excitement and pleasure with the fast Internet access, I really think this can be a big winner.&nbsp; I haven t got time to go into the chart tonight, but I have posted it.&nbsp; Just click on the symbol below to see the chart.&nbsp; You will see that it is typical of my usual picks.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; See Chart at http://www.geocities.com/jimginva/<br>
JimG <br>