Whats the problem Reuters?

Tim and All...

Yes, I have been having the same problem downloading and will agree that
it's a Reuters problem.

I switched to Reuters 2 months ago from Telescan... Jumping from one
problem to another I would say at this point. I had discussed my
unhappiness with Telescan and possible alternatives on this list at the
time I was switching. I have kept quiet about the download problems
since then but as they continue to plague my efforts to update my
database I feel it's time to say something.

>From the first couple of days with Reuters I have had many problems
retrieving data, all having to do with the "Reuters server". I have seen
many different error messages from the infamous "ID = 800" to the latest
"Error Reading Packet" you are experiencing. Granted, the data is very
clean compared to the junk I got from Telescan but on a reliability
scale of 1 to 10 I have to give Reuters a 5 or 6 at best. I could live
with a 8 or higher.

It is a royal PITA to switch vendors and I like the data quality and
error correcting nature of Reuters. At this point I'm not considering a
switch but unless they do something about their server problem I may be
forced to do so.

I do see occasional posts from people that are having no problems
getting Reuters data, this I'm having a hard time believing. Do any of
you folks still claim no problems? Is there a certain time of day to
download? Are you only getting 25 quotes? (I download around 1200
issues, I don't think that's excessive)

Any comments from Reuters? We've heard how the problems are fixed but
then in a few days things start again. Were they really fixed or ... ?

Best... John

ps: Replies... please don't suggest QP, I'm familiar already.