Re: Multiple monitors in Win98

A couple of important  things about multiple monitors. One it is the chip on the
video card that supports multiple monitors. SO make sure your card has the
correct chip on it. The other is the IRQ conflict issue. This can happen with
any card. The cards may not conflict with each other but may conflict with
another device. Currently I have two Diamond Multimedia video cards and I have a
conflict with the hard drive IRQ. As far as I know, this has not caused any
major problem. The point here is that conflicts will arise based upon how Win98
assigns IRQs and on what IRQs your hardware device can use.

Lastly you don't have to spend an arm and a leg for these cards. But do spend a
little extra money to add a little more memory to the video card. 4 megs. work
well. 8 would be nice of course.

Harley