Re: good computers

Tom Strickland wrote:

> Ken,
>
> One of the problems with MetaStock V.6.5 is indeed the Chart Tips problem.
> That really bugs me because I used it a lot to get specific price and
> indicator values.

Specifically what is the problem?   I use the Chart Tips literally hundreds of
times a day 5 days a week.  I would not want to be without it but could survive.
It's funny how quickly we find it difficult to get along without something that
only recently we didn't even have. <g>   Maybe Equis will comment on whether it's
a problem in MSPro 6.52/Win98.

> The other problem is that I often get a Network Log-on
> Failed message in the Downloader when I use the Express Download function.
> I have also had the problem on occasion with the regular Download function.
> I talked to Equis Support about this, and after some discussion, they said
> it was probably a Windows 98 compatibility problem. In any event, the
> problem still occurs, but if I screw around with the program enough, I can
> get it to download. On occasion, I have to close the Downloader and restart
> it.

Ahh, the good old days of using the Express Download function.  I remember them
fondly.  I agree that would be a source of frustration.  I don't think that would
be a problem in my case since I use Pinnacle Data's GETDATAI program.

>    In spite of my complaints about these problems, I'd like to second or third
> the remarks (by Steve Kernish?) that Equis' service is far better that
> Omega's.

   [snip]

> One of the Equis managers worked with me for several days by telephone and he
> even sent me his personal modem to test out. I wound up buying his modem from
> him, and I got the problem fixed. That made a believer out of me.

My experience has been the same.  Equis has always gone out of their way to help
me.

> While I'm wound up, I'd like to comment on Gateway computers. As I
> indicated, I owned an old Gateway and was pleased with it. Then I switched
> to a 133 MHz Pentium notebook (Texas Instruments) a couple of years ago.
> Last summer it crashed big time and I was without a computer. I called
> Gateway and ordered a 350 MHz with all the bells and whistles. I told them
> that I was in a hurry and they gave me a delivery date about two weeks
> hence. On the day it should have been delivered I recevied a postcard from
> them with a form message saying the delivery had been delayed for several
> weeks and that if this was unsatifsactory to me, to please sign and return
> the card. That impersonal, don't-give-a-damn message really wound my spring.
>
> I signed their card and immediately called Dell. I kept in touch with the
> Dell people and they kept me fully informed as to the status of my order. I
> had a new Dell in about 10 days. It's a 400 MHz, fully loaded, and it cost
> $100 less than the Gateway.
>
> I may just have had a bad experience, but for $2600 I expected better than
> an impersonal postcard.
>
> Hope you find something of value in the above comments.

Yep, sure did.  Several things in fact.  Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Ken
mailto:divenfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx