Re: Building Blocks - Narrowing the Universe of Potential Stocks

Heretic! How can you possibly discuss using funnymental data on a TA
list?

Having vented myself I will say that I believe in using every available
resource to give me an edge in the market.

In your CANSLIM scan you state that you look for stocks with a market
cap as low as possible. Why and how low do you go? Does the CANSLIM
strategy not work on large cap stocks?

In the BotFish scan you ask for stocks with a 3 month relative strength
to be as high as possible. Relative to what? An industry group? You also
state that you want price/sales to be as low as possible and may or may
no use debt/equity requirement. This seems rather subjective. Do you
dynamically alter your parameters to suit different market conditions?

On a different subject do you think that posting your weekly picks could
have an adverse effect on your fills? I guess I worry that if too many
people start blindly following  your picks someone is going to get a
fill at a significantly higher price that expected.

I haven't used Schwab of Microsoft. Do you like their fundamental data
and screening abilities? What about pricing?

Have fun

John Manasco