Off topic - how to use mail program

I know this is off topic but this is the only group that I correspond
with that might know the answer.

I want to change the subject of a mail message I have received before I
move it to a permanent folder. For example if I get a message whose
subject is "off topic" but contains some neat little formula that I want
to remember can I change the topic and move it to one of my archive
folders? I like to keep many of the messages from this group but the
subject description does not always coincide with the content, or the
reason I want to save it.

FWIW I use Netscape 4.5.

Regards

John Manasco