Re: volume today and yesterday

Date sent:      	Wed, 18 Nov 1998 23:46:42 -0500
From:           	Michel Guibert <mguibert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:        	volume today and yesterday
To:             	metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Send reply to:  	metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> With the explorer how can I make sure there is transactions for the last 3
> days before the exploration date (or 2 or..., I think the formula will be
> near the same) or during 3 of the 5 last days, In fact I want to be sure
> the companies I explore are active most of the time , in my database only
> 50% of the stocks have volume everyday, but I am also interested by the
> sleepers when they awake.
> In options for today I can use specific date (I prefer use last date), But
> when I refer to -1 I don't think metastock will use yesterday date for sure.
> I try to write some formulas to resolve this problem, but result where not
> very good particularly when the month change  with the week-end and of
> course the holidays.
>      Help will be appreciate.
>      Thank's
> Michel G

In my explorer , I designed the following steps to
filter ,

((V+Ref(V,-1)) > Mov((V+Ref(V,-1)),10,S) OR
V > Mov(V,10,S)) AND
(CLOSE*VOLUME) > (amount you would like to be )

It make sure the volume is in an increasing thase
and trading amount is greater than you want .
My data base only has volumn so use c*v is simliar
to trading amount . I think you can use ref(v, -X ),
something like that to set the past few days volumn
and use and if then 1 and 0 to set the figure .

Wish it could help ,

Forrest Ho