Re: system testing

I refer you to previous mail send to the List which had as subject
"Re: GEN/MKT: What is this called?"
with more explainations and instructions, eg using the " P " variable
as an indicator or formula, and also as you can use more other
indicators too, such as:
-Correlation
-Relative Strength
-Divergence
-Performance
-Rate of Change
etc.
-----------------------------
"P" as indicator (MS65 manual p.213)

Have them compare "your secs" against the "index" using the "P" operator/indicator.
By using the " P " indicator, eg as a custom formula "P/C" , you are able to compare
base sec versus any sec (P/C  = a Relative Strength Comparative Ratio Comparison).
Using the "P" variable ALWAYS represents the charts' plot where its dropped on, eg
this can be the Base sec itselve as well as an indicator plotted in any of the
MAIN windows inner windows.

When plotting, it will always represent an already on a chart plotted but now highlighted
(=selected) indicator when dragged + dropped down on a chart/inner window from
the Indicator QuickList.

Examples:

To CREATE CUSTOM indicator usable in Charts, Layouts, Templates, Explorer,
 System Tester and in Expert Advisor

-Start Metastock
-Click the Indicator Builder button
-Click "New"
-In the Name Field type SPX-P indicator
-In the Formula Filed type P/C
                                             P=Base Close Present
                                             C=Base Close Original
-Click OK

To create Chart/Template/Layout :

-Open the SPX chart
-After opening the SPX-chart drag the selve made "SPX-P" indicator down from
    the IQL and 'release' it in its own inner window(it will now calculate on the CLOSE
    from its own chartbase, the SPX, AND also the Base sec's CLOSE of the SPX
    as it is then representing the present  "P" part of the indicator
-Open the chart of the FTSE
-Click on one of the Display Adjusting Tools, eg the "Column" button, to have the
    charts orderly displayed side by side on the screen
-From the SPX chart Drag the just made "SPX-P" indicator onto the FTSE chart
    and release to have it being displayed in its inner window and it will now calculate
    on the FTSE as Base)
-Click the New | Layout button (here you can also choose Template)
-Click Add All (this will add both charts)
-Click OK (from this point on you are able to File | Save As to any folder as either
                   a Template or as a Layout, whatever your preference)

The program will now calculate, plot and create an always re-usable Layout of the
FTSE/SPX comparison, eg Create a shortcut from this Layout onto your
Desktop/Toolbars.
If you have saved the above as a Template then you can compare any security against
the SPX.

To run all the above as a System Test, you will have to create a System Test first using
the above given formula, but most importantly, see the MS manual(p.213-287) :
"You MUST have a Layout or a Templated Chart open & active running before
any " P " System Tests or " P " Explorations can be made".

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxx