[amibroker] Re: How to limit to top 5 in an Exploration

  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 14:56:57 -0000
  • From: "gelsner99" <gelsner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: How to limit to top 5 in an Exploration

Anthony,

Thank you very much for your help with this!
When I add this code and run it; I still see all symbols in the Watchlist in the Exploration report.

Should I be looking for a special "Pane"?  How to see it?

Pls see my code at the very bottom of below.  Should I run it as something else than an Exploration?

Fund                            = Close;
//This will produce a  top 5 list in a window pane...
// The top5 list
list = CategoryGetSymbols( categoryWatchlist, 2 );

g=-100;

t="";

topList="";

i1=0;

nt=5;// calibrate here the topX

for(n=1;n<=nt;n++)

{

for( i = 0; ( sym = StrExtract( list, i ) ) != "" ; i++ )

{

SetForeign(sym);

Period  = 126;
// Calculate Total Gain and Annual Gain
TotalGain                        = ROC(fund, period);
AnnGain                          = Nz(100 *LastValue(((TotalGain/100+1)^(252/period)) - 1));

x= AnnGain;                    //the individual metric

//x= C;//the individual metric

t=WriteIf(x>g,sym,t);

i1=IIf(x>g,i,i1);

g=Max(g,x);

}

topList=topList + t + ",";

L0="";

for( i = 0; ( sym = StrExtract( list, i ) ) != "" ; i++ )

{

SetForeign(sym);

L0=L0+ WriteIf(i!=i1,sym+",","");

}

List=L0;

g=-100;

}

Title="The top "+WriteVal(nt,1.0)+" list for "+Date()+" is "+topList;

//==========
// Exploration
Filter 		= 1;

AddTextColumn(FullName(),"Fund Name",1.0);
AddColumn( AnnGain,       "AnnGain",   1.2 );

SetSortColumns(-4);

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/

    amibroker-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx