Re: [amibroker] JS Script in Windows 7

  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 08:12:13 +0800
  • From: Richard Dale <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] JS Script in Windows 7

An alternative to having .js file associated with wscript.exe is to explicitly put them into a command line in a shortcut.  i.e. right click on the file and click Create Shortcut.
Then right click on the shortcut and click properties.  Change the target from:
C:\<wherever your script is located>\myscript.js  to: wscript.exe //E:_javascript_ myscript.js
then click OK

A further alternative is to add this to your tools menu in AmiBroker - but note that there is a limit of 10 items in this menu.

To do so: Start AB, click Tools then Customize then Tools.  Create a new entry with:
Command: wscript.exe
Arguments:  //E:_javascript_ myscript.js
Initial directory:  C:\<wherever your script is located>

Both of the above methods work fine for me in Windows 7.

Best regards,
Richard Dale.
Norgate Investor Services
- Premium quality Stock, Futures and Foreign Exchange Data for
  markets in Australia, Asia, Canada, Europe, UK & USA -
www.premiumdata.net