[amibroker] Re: HOW TO CREATE CSV FILE WITHIN AFL OF EXPLORATION

  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 21:27:35 -0000
  • From: "Mike" <sfclimbers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: HOW TO CREATE CSV FILE WITHIN AFL OF EXPLORATION

Bert,

The solution proposed by Howard using fopen/fputs would look something like the following (only briefly tested, and not necessarily the most efficient implementation):

myCSVFile = "c:\\Temp\\Exploration.csv";

if (Status("stocknum") == 0
) {

//

// Open file, overwriting any existing file, and write the header

//

   fh =
fopen(myCSVFile, "w"
);

if
(fh) {

// Make sure header matches same order as AddColumn statements.

fputs("Ticker,Date/Time,Close\n"
, fh);

fclose
(fh);
   }
}

Filter = 1;   // Set to whatever value you want.

AddColumn(Close, "Close");   // Add whatever columns you want

// Open file, appending to any existing file, and write the data.

// Make sure this comes after the setting of Filter.

fh =
fopen(myCSVFile, "a"
);

if
(fh) {
   indices =
BarIndex
();
   firstBar =
LastValue(ValueWhen(Status("firstbarinrange"
), indices));
   lastBar =
LastValue(ValueWhen(Status("lastbarinrange"
), indices));
   dates =
DateTime
();
   symbol =
Name
();

for
(i = firstBar; i <= lastBar; i++) {

if (Filter
[i]) {

// Make sure output matches same order as AddColumn statements.

fputs(symbol + "," + DateTimeToStr(dates[i]) + "," + Close[i] + "\n"
, fh);
      }
   }

fclose
(fh);
}

You can improve upon the above by accepting the file name as a parameter, etc.

I don't have time at the moment to throw togeather an OLE/JScript solution. But, if you particularly want it, I can post a follow up later.

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "bistrader" <bistrader@xxx> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I know how to do manually: do an Exploration and then follow with Export. Yet, I want to control within afl. I want afl to put or create the exploration in csv file. I did read Barry Scarborough's Export EOD doc and afl. This is different. I saw Mike's comments about OLE and yours about OLE/js. Have written some very simple js to control running afls. Actually, I got an example from a friend of mine and simply cut and paste it to do what I need. So, I have "some" knowledge about js. Enough to read and understand it. In any case, if you or someone has a simple example than this would be great. I have also ready Harry's comments and tried using fopen and the like. Not giving up. Will keep at it, but if someone has example of exporting exploration then maybe I will get an "ahh, that is what I am doing wrong" moment. Thanks.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike" sfclimbers@ wrote:
> >
> > Bert,
> >
> > Are you still looking for an answer to this? If all you want to do is to save your exploration results as a .csv file, then do as was suggested in an earlier reply:
> >
> > Click on drop arrow of AA Window "File" button, select "Export...", choose the location on disk that you want to save to.
> >
> > The above will give you a .csv file of your results. If you want to automate the process, then do as one of the other replies suggested; use OLE to drive and export the exploration (e.g. from JScript).
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "bistrader" <bistrader@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Howard, I did read documentation. Could not find example of writing exploration in documentation, was having problems and thus the posting here.
> > >
> > > Bert

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/