[amibroker] EnableRotationalTrading Problem

  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:38:09 -0800 (PST)
  • From: Nick de Peyster <nickdepeyster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] EnableRotationalTrading Problem

Hi, All,

Here's an interesting problem I am trying to solve.  I have very complex processing that I would like to do in EnableRotationalTrading, such that I need to loop through the price arrays in a special way.  Here's what I thought might be a solution but it does not work ... my thought was for the line PositionScore=sig, that sig is a two dimensional array.  This bombed on the fourth line from the bottom:

EnableRotationalTrading();
SetOption("MaxOpenPositions", 1);
SetOption("WorstRankHeld",1);
PositionSize = -100;
symlist = CategoryGetSymbols( categoryWatchlist, 16);
for( i = 0; ( sym = StrExtract( symlist, i ) ) != ""; i++ )
{
    pxarr=Foreign( sym, "C" );
    for( j = 0; j < BarCount; j++ )
    {
    sig[j][i]=pxarr[j];//I SIMPLIFIED THIS; IN REALITY COMPLEX PROCESSING OCCURS HERE
    }
}
PositionScore=sig;

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****