Re: [amibroker] Re: How much ram is being used.

Hello,

Windows Task Manager you say.
Do you know that WTM can display dozen of different "memory usage" figures
and most of them are misleading?
Windows works with Virtual memory. RAM is NOT allocated to process. Virtual memory is.
Then, on the fly, virtual memory pages are mapped to RAM and used, but one second later
the same RAM cells can be (re)used by different process and different virtual memory address.

So called "mem usage" in WTM is not total memory usage, but working set size.

Total memory usage is shown as "private bytes" (aka "virtual memory size").

Also if you run 32 bit OS, it will allow only 2GB to be used for apps, regardless how much RAM you have
(or 3GB with /LARGEADDRESSAWARE and /3G boot ini switch)

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com