[amibroker] Re: Strange happenings...

Dennis,
I'm not sure what this problem is d/t - but like I've said before
(remember I'm a computer non-pro) the problem seems related to the
#quotes/unit time coming into AB - that is the bottleneck.  Once
the 'limit' is exceed, subsequent quotes can't come 'in' as fast as
they were able to before.  If that fraction really describes the
bottleneck then it should not make a difference if you use a tick db
or a 1 hour db (ignoring any overhead that AB might have in determing
its time to start a new bar and the H,L,C of the bar just completed).

I don't think the afl's are the problem because I've seen the same
problems when just running 1 chart of just price, short simple MA and
volume.  I don't know if the realtime chart refresh interval has any
influence (I use AB pro and have used refresh intervals from 0 - 15
for my 1 min db without obvious differences).  TJ thought my problem
was related to my data provider's plugin - you have a different
provider/plugin I'm sure.

There was a ton of trading after Tues FOMC release... but let us know
if you observe the situation again (or that 1 min ahead of reality
bar I mentioned - which for you would translate to 5 sec ahead of
reality).

Thanks for all you provide to this board.
Dan

**** IMPORTANT ****