[amibroker] Re: Strange happenings...

Almost exactly what I've been questioning - only difference is at
worst my lagging data [stock only] reaches market closing data within
5-15 min after close. The lag is a function of number of tickers
updating [generally not a problem when < a dozen, always a problem
when >60] and market [not my] trading intensity.  As you noted, I too
see the data displayed correct for the time displayed... its just
that the time is behind reality.  Always corrects with AB exit and AB
restart [no computer shutdown needed].  BTW, I have my charts set to
show bar start (not end) times.  If I do a plugin refresh current
symbol OR if I restart AB the 1min interval chart will have a lastbar
time that will be 1 min ahead of reality.

How many tickers were updating when you noticed the problem?

Please share any insights.
TIA,
Dan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dennis Brown <see3d@xxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On tuesday this week, after the Fed announcement, I noticed that
my
> real time ES chart was 12 minutes behind the time of day and my
real
> time brokers chart.  I waited for hours and even into the night and
it
> still kept "real time" updates 12 minutes behind real time.  The
> system clock had the right time.  The chart did not have the data
at
> the wrong time, the data was correct for the time shown.  Other
> tickers had up to date data.
>
> Finally I gave up waiting for it to self correct and restarted AB
and
> the IQ Feed.  A soon as it restarted the chart came back to the
> current time.
>
> I am confused.  How can the real time chart get in a mode where it
is
> not up to current time?
> If the data feed was giving 12 minute delayed quote data, that
would
> do it.
> Are there any other possibilities?
>
> I remember others talking about delayed quotes.  Is this
describing

**** IMPORTANT ****