[amibroker] Re: high low line chart

Hi Jacco,

Programmers are speed freaks so they shorten everything and talk funny.

If you hang around them too long you will start to talk funny too (like
me!)

So, in notation format:

H stands for High;
L stands for Low;

They also love being mysterious and have their own secret language.

So:

/ stands for division (it is an operand, or an operator, which is a
term used in maths ... deep down all programmers are mathematicians in
drag)

I presume you mean:

- take the high plus the low and divide it by two AND
- assign the answer to a variable;

(put it in a marked box so you can reference it again later without
having to do the math all over again)

- plot the variable as a time series;

(a time series is the values that the variable has at different time
intervals, say daily, which are collectively stored in an a row of
marked boxes known as an array)

BTW I call it the Midpoint so as not to confuse it with the median
function i.e. Median() which is code module pre-written by Tomasz to
save me from having to do it myself (a functions code is hidden and
works in the background when you call, or reference it, by name).

example:

Midpoint = (H + L)/2;

A semicolon is used to mark the end of the statement (so that the
computer processes it as a whole).

Midpoint is the variable.
= is the assignment sign (not to be confused with mathematical equality
which is == e.g. 2 + 2 == 4;

Plot(Midpoint,"Midpoint",1,1);

copy and paste both lines into the FormulaEditor and then insert it as
an indicator.

Midpoint = (H + L)/2;
Plot(Midpoint,"Midpoint",1,1);

I had a bit of fun with some alternative plots, at the UKB, just to
demonstrate the principle of plotting custom lines (arrays).

http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/2007/08/26/combination-charts/

BTW you just learnt some psuedocode (the funny way programmers talk)
and some AFL :-)

Cheers,

brian_zee

**** IMPORTANT ****