[amibroker] Re: scrolling through a watchlist

If you want to go down that route, you might consider just two lists,
each with one side of the pair for each pair, rather than separate
lists per pair.

e.g.
instead of:
watchList1 = A,X
watchList2 = M,Y
watchList3 = I,Z

do:
watchList1 = A,I,M
watchList2 = X,Z,Y

Then you can run your script on watchList1, making indexed reference
to the symbols in watchList2 as shown below.

Note, however, that I rearanged watchList1 to be in alphabetical
order before adding the indexed opposite symbols in watchList2.

It appears that AmiBroker iterates through the active watchList in
alphabetical order (regardless of the order that the symbols were
added to the list). So, you must ensure that the indexed opposites in
watchList2 will match their partner based on the assumption that the
partners were sorted before being processed by your script.

If your lists are expected to be relatively unchanging, this may be
an acceptable bit of book keeping.

Buy = Sell = Short = Cover = 0;

// Get opposites from second list, ordered as originally entered.
list = CategoryGetSymbols(categoryWatchlist, 2);

// Get alphabetized index of current symbol from first list.
index = status("stocknum");

// Extract opposite for the current symbol.
opposite = StrExtract(list, index);

_TRACE(Name() + " and " + opposite);

SetForeign(opposite);
  // Do whatever you want with foreign opposite
RestorePriceArrays();

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jim fenster <normanjade@xxx> wrote:

> thanks yes Im looking for something like this. In the end I have a
code that at the beginning designates two symbols. ticker1=ibm ,
ticker2=ge for example. Then I run the code.
> The thing is, I have a few of them and I dont want to manually
enter them. Instead I was thinking of putting a couple of tickers per
watchlist. Then trying to call upon them by saying take each
watchlist and make first symbol in watchlist = ticker1 and then 2nd =
ticker2.

**** IMPORTANT ****