[amibroker] Re: Why are there so few?

I don't believe DLLs are the way to go. Who said that? One of
those "My dad is bigger than your dad." guys? With all the function
in AFL I see little need to use a DLL. But the why you don't see many
of them is because DLLs are much harder to program and debug. You
will need to learn another language, use another compiler and learn a
whole new set of coding and debug procedures plus all the other
nonsense with learning a new language.

I think Tomasz has said with the improvements in AFL there is little
speed advantage. There is the disadvantage. All the the calls to the
DLL adds overhead, slowing things down. But then local calls add
overhead. So is there really a speed advantage? I haven't a clue.
Tomasz knows and may add to this. Then there is not much support from
DLL writers so you will pretty much have to learn all that on you
own. Have fun with that! I have written some DLLs and came flying
back to AFL.

I wrote an auto trading program in AFL that is 2000 lines long, over
20 pages printed, and I see no need or advantage in converting it to
a DLL. I have it laid out as I would in C++ with functions and all
that nonsense. That is really important with large programs and you
can code the common stuff and use #include to plop it into your new
modules. You can write some really complicated code in AFL. So learn
that first and learn it well and forget DLLs.

IMHO,
Barry

**** IMPORTANT ****