[amibroker] Re: Using Amibroker with External Data for different Exchanges

Hello ChrisB,

Thanks for your comments.

I initially set up one AB database for my data from two exchanges
(ASX & LSE). For each exchange I imported the data into AB and then
moved the data into a different Market which I created manually. I
then repeated the process for the second exchange worth of data.

However, I noticed that when I imported the data for the second
exchange into AB, some of the securities contained within the first
exchange suddenly changed names (for no apparent reason) while other
securities simply disappeared.

I deleted and recreated the database a number of times,repeating the
above process each time but with the same result.

Consequently, I decided to keep the data for each exchange seperate
and as a result created TWO seperate AB databases (one for each
exchange).

I have also created txt files which contains the tickers for each
exchange (ASX200, FTSE100, etc) and imported these as Watch Lists.
Obviously, the Aussie ones were imported into the ASX database and
vice versa.

So far this method has seemed to work......

Regards,

Chorlton

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ChrisB <kris45mar@xxx> wrote:

> Chorlton
>
> Sorry to butt in here but I am also re-setting up databases on new
PC.

> Trouble is I last did this a number of years ago so for me as a non
> power user this will always be something to relearn.
>
> Two thoughts:
>
> 1 I currently get ASX data from Justdata (BodhiFreeway 2 still) but
> going through the pdf manual I think the preferred way would be to
> Filter the different exchange tickers into different databases, one
for
> ASX, one for LSE etc.
>
> This can be done at the Justdata level using Finance manager, or
search
> for Filter securities into different directories.
>
> Probably best to get the Justdata help team on board here.
>
> 2. I also get ASX data from Premium Data because the splits
> consolidations deletions are managed for me and is a huge timesaver.
>
> Going through their download product it seems I can also create
Custom