Re: [amibroker] Re: Using Amibroker with External Data for different Exchanges

Chorlton

Sorry to butt in here but I am also re-setting up databases on new PC.

Trouble is I last did this a number of years ago so for me as a non
power user this will always be something to relearn.

Two thoughts:

1 I currently get ASX data from Justdata (BodhiFreeway 2 still) but
going through the pdf manual I think the preferred way would be to
Filter the different exchange tickers into different databases, one for
ASX, one for LSE etc.

This can be done at the Justdata level using Finance manager, or search
for Filter securities into different directories.

Probably best to get the Justdata help team on board here.

2. I also get ASX data from Premium Data because the splits
consolidations deletions are managed for me and is a huge timesaver.

Going through their download product it seems I can also create Custom
directories based on ASX 200 or different GICS levels.

Currently all my Premium Data tickers (ASX and World indices) are in one
folder. I will probably look to also creating a dedicated directory for
say ASX 200. Then just point AB to that directory for further analysis.

Thus far I have always been able to create an advance decline line on
the Justdata database but not the Premium database.
The same applies to other oscillators such as McClellan etc which is
probably due to the fact that world indexes and stock and warrants are
all mixed into my one Premiumdatabase, but I am not sure if this is the
real reason why.

So I think you are right in trying to set up your databases separately.

You could filter the tickers into a watchlist but so far I have not been
able to use the AD line on Watchlists, but can do so on Market level only.

All depends how you think you will use the data later.

Also, previously I had some of my Databases outside the AB directory.

The later databases I placed inside the AB directory which makes it
easier to restore the AB directory with settings, AFLs, layouts etc
should you later need to restore from backup.

Always more to think about.

Regards

ChrisB

--