[amibroker] Re: Using Amibroker with External Data for different Exchanges

Chorlton,

> Out of interest, how much more difficult would it be to simply have
> TWO Amibroker databases (one for each exchange)?  If it is easy to
> move between the two, wouldn't this be the most effective way to
> control securities from both exchanges?

IMO - Yes, just have two databases for now and that will get you
going the easiest possible way.

Either way I'll handover to Bill.

There's a lot to take in with AB - I understand what it is like - I
am still only scratching the surface after 1-2 years.

It's worth it though.

Goodluck with AB,

Brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "chorlton_c_hardy" <chorlton-c-
hardy@xxx> wrote:

> Brian_z,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I was considering doing something very similar to what you have
> described below. ie Using Watch Lists to seperate the different
> securities. I was going to simply download, say the FTSE100 company
> list and save it as a txt file and then import it as a Watch List.
>
> But I'll definately take a look at the link.....
>
> Out of interest, how much more difficult would it be to simply have
> TWO Amibroker databases (one for each exchange)?  If it is easy to
> move between the two, wouldn't this be the most effective way to
> control securities from both exchanges?
>
> I'd be interested in your thoughts as most people recommend just
the
> one database.
>
> Thanks for your assistance on this...
>
> Chorlton
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@> wrote:
> >
> > Chorlton,
> >
> > > Therefore, if I create the one Amibroker database with all my
> data
> > (from JustData in Metastock format),
> > > I'm not sure how I will be able to find out which exchange a
> > security
> >
> > I am familiar with JustData and Metastock although I am not using
> > either at the moment.
> >
> > Using Metastock plugin will dynamically reference
your 'Metastock"
> > database as if they are an AmiBroker database (you will see them
in
> > the All symbols list in AB).
> >
> > You then need to export ASX symbols to an ASCII file (txt or
ASCII)