[amibroker] Re: Questions Regarding AmiBroker

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "twattle_tt" <twattle_tt@xxx> wrote:

> Sincere thanks Prashanth, for your answers. As am going through the
> Amibroker, am having the following questions, please clarify them:
>
> 1. Documentation not explained from layman point of view like simple
> concepts of object oriented language not there (windows/objects
etc.)

> 2. Graphs are not clear AMI BROKER charting they are not very good
>
> 3. Is there is any way to paint the candle for specific condition.
For
> bar style I know how to do that, But I need it for candle style

threaded=1&m=e&var=1&tidx=1
> (Different Results from Different PCs despite using same values)

What the gentleman in that post needs to do is send a copy of the
exact same database to his associate and repeat the 'test'.

I have recently written training material for AB using two separate
machines, with exactly the same database, and I replicated the
results on both machines exactly (that was with a small database and
simple AFL).

> 5. How tough is it to Convert Easy Language Code to Amibroker?
>
> 6. How do I learn The Language? It is considered tough for
beginners.

No harder than any other language.
Start with the manual > AFL reference.
It takes a lot of patience.

> 7. Since, free Data is not good for real trading, we require
reliable
> and clean data the same. So, is it possible for it to Csi And
> Metastock files? Moreover, can it read them?

Yes.

> 8. What about its' Trading Features?

Excellent!

> 9. Since, the Negative values in Futures are important because the
> back adjusted contract have negative values. So, how do I set the
> point values, etc. for the futures, Min Move and Big Point values?
>
> 10. Since, I feel that it is not a good program for futures? Any
Comments?

> 11. Can I backtest combining multiple systems?
>
> 12. What about limiting exposer based on sectors; for example: Only
1
> Stock from each Industry Banking, Metals, Auto, and Energy Etc.?

Yes.

> 13. What about the optimization across a basket of markets? Can I
get
> the results of the basket as well as each market without re-running
> the optimization?
>
> 14. Main Price Chart decimal point problem? Is there anyway to get
the
> last two digits after a decimal point to show on the price chart?

Tools > Preferences > Miscellaneous > check the "Decimal places in
chart titles and tools box".

> 15. US-Stocks database problems. There are 8630 symbols in the
> database. Yahoo has no historical data for over 300 of them.
Amiquote
> puts 'junk' (html 404 error) in the data file for missing historical
> data.

Sometimes it is a Symbol error and if you search Yahoo for the
correct name you can fix it up - it's a Yahoo thing and nothing to do
with Jim or AB (I think you will find Jim has kindly sorted the
NoQuotes into a folder so you can jsut delete them from there if you
want).

There is quite a bit of information on Yahoo data (the pros and cons)
at http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/

Everything isn't spelt out there - it just details the facts and
relies on the individual to make their own judgements.

Some of the material there might help answer some of your questions.

Cheers,

Brian_z.