Re: [amibroker] Re: Downloaded 1 year IB backfill

I have recently noticed that IB is listing expired futures contracts. Just type in ZG in a line and hit enter. Expired contracts is listed below the active ones. I tried putting an expired contract into AB, but I am sure AB is asking for recent data by default. Perhaps there is a way to request the data for an expired contract. If one of you geniuses could figure out how to get that data and how to combine the contracts into a continuous contract, we would have historical 1-min data. I would certainly be a buyer as I'm sure others would be also.

James

----- Original Message ----
From: loveyourenemynow <loveyourenemynow@xxxxxxxx>
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, December 5, 2006 12:14:14 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Downloaded 1 year IB backfill

I am not sure what you mean by Ges x, but I am simply using the TWS
provided eclient c++ example, adding 2 lines of code to save the data
in a file.

I think you may be right about the stall, all you have to do is to
wait i guess, but i am sure you can get data up to 1 year back
for example for 1 week of data from 1 year ago put as end date 1 year
ago + 1 week and as duration 1 week

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxx ps.com, Wes Smith <wes_zoltran@ ...> wrote:

> I know Sierra Charts can go back 120 days or more for IntraDay
backfill.
> But even though SC can do it, ... IB more than often will choke and
stall .. IB problem, not Sierra.
> Seems best if you ask for this data in widely spaced 'chunks' with a
lengthy pauses between the chunks.