Re: [amibroker] ZG and ZI backfill from IB not working

Well you can thank me for this one. I got so tired of trying to figure out how many spaces were in IB's syntax I asked them what was going on. Believe it or not, they didn't realize that they had no system to this until I mentioned it last Thursday. I just noticed this today as I had already rolled to the Feb and March contracts. So I asked them today if they were changing the symbols on active contracts because that could really mess up a guys automated trading with the API, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. amazing what these guys do sometimes.

James

----- Original Message ----
From: crasher_fl <kivanov@xxxxxxxxx>
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, December 1, 2006 1:25:04 PM
Subject: [amibroker] ZG and ZI backfill from IB not working

Today I can't get the back-fill to work as well as the live feed for
the ZG and the ZI for both Dec and the Jan contracts.

Did anything change with the IB or AmiBroker API?

Also to make the YM work I had to use 2 spaces instead of 3 after the
simbol and before the month.

Here is what I use:
ZG JAN 06-ECBOT-FUT
ZI JAN 06-ECBOT-FUT