RE: [amibroker] Re: IB forex volumes

Currencies traded by futures contracts represents far more than 1%.

OTC forex (spot, outright forwards, swaps, currency options and currency
swaps) account for over 90% of forex activity.

Exchange-traded forex is primarily done through futures contracts (and
associated derivatives such as options-on-futures) and covers less than 10%
of the total forex traded.

Worldwide turnover of foreign exchange is estimated at about $1.5 trillion
per day in 1998.

There are around 2000 dealer institutions whose activities are covered by
the Bank for International Settlements.  The bulk of trading is done by
around 200 banks who provide market making activity.  I doubt IB would even
rate a mention in the top 200.  Indeed, IB isn't even mentioned in Reuters
Spot FX contributors list.

Best regards,
Richard Dale.
Norgate Investor Services
- Premium quality Stock, Futures and Foreign Exchange Data for
  markets in Australia, Asia, Canada, Europe, UK & USA -
www.premiumdata.net