Re: [amibroker] Re: Random Walk - step 2 - : Predicitable ?

Hi Bman,

Sure there is psychological and human behaviour in this game, and it has to
be considered.

But the financial instition should say us "yes it is predictable"... so we
put all our money on the market for them. If they say, "it is random walk"
people will leave the market and give less money to it.
It need to be balanced i think...maybe yes maybe not, so mystery is keep and
financial institution have maximum cards to play in their hand.

I aggree 100% with Chuck about this line "technical analysis has not been
validated in controlled studies"...
It is true, i have never read (if someone know where to find, i am very
interrested, thx) a clean scientific demonstration about winning trading
system... nor an old mechanical trader publish any trading reconstruction
based on real trade winned by his trading system and showing precise reports
and indicator used... and it frighten me sometimes, because maybe after all
the winner we show us are only a small part of the people which take a big
risk and win (big risk = big return if lucky = good trader ?). Those who
take a big risk and did'nt win are no more here.
Statically, on all the trader over the world, their is some who can be lucky
and win 10 years , 20 or more consecutive years... few people... but
possible. Are their technics consistent ? Do they adapt their technics over
the time ? (so profit cannot be consistent because we cannot for sure have a
good trading system everytime).
Why not a book on a big trading looser ?  : )) so trader (bad or good) would
make money not by trading but by publishing book héhé.
YES we can make money on the market it is a fact, but we have to be very...
very... very carrefull i think if we want it to be consitent over the time.
The hard compromises we face is : Commission / Returns and Risk / Profit
expected.

Their is are two book on the subject, i find the title funny :

1- A random walk down wall street, by Burton G. Malkiel
http://people.brandeis.edu/~yanzp/Study%20Notes/A%20Random%20Walk%20down%20Wall%20Street.pdf

2- A non-random walk down wall street, bu Andrew W.Lo and A. Craig MacKinlay
http://www.amazon.com/Non-Random-Walk-Down-Wall-Street/dp/0691092567

It show well the problem.
I did'nt read the first one (just the abstract)
I just read fastly thez second one. Very good, go deep in the problem with
mathematic backgound to show assumption which are made inside.

First one say from its abstarct : "this is random walk, and all that we can
do is good managing of risk"
Second one say : "this is not random walk because volatility don't follow
random walk model"
All seems about volatility :
First one : risk managment = manage portfolio gievn the volatility (=risk).
Second one : volatility is not random

So to go deep on the subject :
Does someones here make pure volatility based trading system on Amibroker ?
Can we have his feeling about that ?

Cheers,
Mich.