  From: Terry
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, December 02, 2006 4:01 PM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Code Help Please

  David,

  A few comments:

  #1 Try removing the [j] and [k] subscripts.

  You have mixed subscripts (used in loop code) and arrays. This won't work as expected. The 3rd line (TempL = .)and the next to last line contain subscripts [j] plus the line Test2S = which contains [k]. These subscripts will always evaluate the single bar for whatever the current value of [j] and [k] are (which can't be seen in this code snippet). Maybe you have this whole thing is inside a double loop, but then most of the other variables are full arrays and, at best, will simply recalculate each time the loop is executed possibly causing problems and major slowdown in execution. You really want to use the entire array which computes the results for all bars of data simultaneously.

  #2. Compares are incorrect. You are trying to do compares using = instead of ==. This will simply reset all your arrays to True instead of comparing which == does.

  Instead of this line:

         XPermLong = IIf(Test1L = True OR Test2L[j] = True OR Test3L[j] = True,True, False);

  Do this instead:

         XPermLong = IIf(Test1L == True OR Test2L == True OR Test3L == True,True, False);

  Or more simply (because True or False is implied):

         XPermLong = IIf(Test1L OR Test2L OR Test3L,True, False);

  (Note that I removed the subscripts in my fixed lines.)

  #3 No problem for results, but you have recomputed several variables which takes extra execution time. Example is the 2nd line which could be:

         inter2 = abs(t1);

  Also this line where you have already computed inter2, but recomputed it as abs(t1):

         Test1L = IIf(tempL = True  AND abs(t1) < 2, True, False);

  --

  Terry