[amibroker] Re: Random Walk - step 2 - : Predicitable ?

The fact that people make consistent money off the stock market is
evidence that the markets are not random. It appears that self-
purported "experts" who likely work for large financial firms will
go to great lengths to use data to help people forget that the
markets are not random -- of course it's not random, because people
are making consistent wins off the market, using technical analysis.
People such as John Ehlers, for example, who have created black box
mehods that will always profit from the market, without any human
intervention.

These financial firms have everything to gain by demonstrating that
technical analysis is an illusion. They want to handle your money so
they can make their profits. Don't ever believe them. They want you
to ride out the long-term dips in the market without ever moving
your money. They make more money if you don't move your money. The
compliance portion of the financial industry goes to greath lengths
to make sure that once they have your money, very few people in the
financial world can actually use technical analysis to make you
regular profits. Try getting a job as a financial planner, based on
your ability to make people money using technical analysis -- you'll
never get near a desk at any firm. They don't want you to contradict
the BS that they feed the masses.

In order for financial firms to make money off you, they have to
make you lose money. Somebody always loses in the stock market. They
just want to make sure it's you.

So continue to seek out technical analysis to make consistent gains
in the market. Regularly read articles written by people who are
already doing this successfully, so you don't lose track of reality,
since the financial firms are rich enough to produce a very
convincing BS argument.

~Bman

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cstrader" <cstrader232@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Tom Tom:
>
> Yes, an interesting article.  I was particularly intrigued by this
line:

> "technical analysis has not been validated in controlled studies "
>
> Is there any evidence that what we are trying to do might ever
work?  How
> could we prove that it does?
>
> chuck

usefull ? Even
> > illegal information (hidden to public) .. usefull ? Last one
maybe.
> > Others,
> > humm....
> > This is what about deals this article.
> >
> > For me, next theory could be a Chaotic Fractal Near-Random
Walk... : ))
> > Chaotic : because spurious peak in the data wich can initiate
further
> > mouvment
> > Fractal : year, month, day, hour, minute, sec... same patterns
> > Near-Random Walk : Random Walk but predictable, because i don't
think
> > price
> > move randomly...
> > If they move randomly... tehnical or fundamental analysis are
useless, so
> > there is no mean to try to trade at all, (only to give
commission to the